Agri-Business Insurance Placement Specialist
Ready to work 4 ½ days per week? Receive an annual salary, plus bonus, plus profit sharing? We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Insurance Placement Specialist in our Agribusiness department. The successful candidate will coordinate marketing strategies, service, and support needs of the client or prospect with the Account Executives as necessary for each individual insured.
Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Prepare submissions and obtain quotes on assigned account renewals and prospective clients as outlined in the marketing strategies with the Account Executive. Negotiate terms and conditions of coverage program with insurance company underwriters as specified for each account.
- Provide accurate, clear communication to insurance carriers and clients/prospects with direction of Account Executive.
- Prepare presentation material and review for coverage and accuracy. Good working knowledge of Excel is needed.
- Update client coverage detail in agency management system and provide coverage binding details to Account Coordinator for preparation of certificates, Auto ID cards, etc., as needed.
- Provide marketing and technical assistance to Account Executives and Service Account Managers in researching coverage issues.
- Provide direction to the Account Coordinator for completion of assigned projects.
- Foster positive relationships with insurance companies and clients.
- Perform other specific duties as assigned.
- Obtain and maintains appropriate insurance agent’s licenses.
- Pursue a program of personal and professional development as approved.
- High school education, insurance courses, plus 3 to 5 years of related experience in an insurance company or agency, or equivalent training and/or experience. Some college level course of study helpful.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations including understanding basic policy rating process of commercial Property & Casualty insurance policies.
- Ability to understand and analyze Property & Casualty insurance coverages, forms, and policies.
- Ability to accomplish the described duties through the use of appropriate computer and general office equipment. Knowledge of EPIC agency management system would be beneficial. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook are critical skills for this position.